Tuesday, January 9, 2007

ongoing projects...

Besides trying out new methodology to create a good tasting loaf, I'm also playing around with just how much bread dough I can make at once. I got a used Electrolux mixer a few weeks ago, and it is able to get more bread kneaded than my Kitchen Aid mixer can due to the bowl rotating rather than the dough hook. There are some thing about it that are less intuitive than the Kitchen Aid, but I like the fact that it can do larger amounts and there are fewer moving parts to get my hand mangled in if I have to scrape dough for any reason while it's moving.

Today I made about 5 lbs of dough in one batch (haven't weighed it yet, I'm guessing based on ingredients). I'm playing with sourdough at the same time, so we'll see how these loaves turn out.

No comments: