Sunday, May 4, 2008

State of the Booth

My big accomplishment for this past weekend was an upgrade to my booth structure, and the introduction of a new flavor.  The Cranberry Orange bagels seemed to go over well, and I will definitely make it at least a semi-regular flavor.  

For the booth I made weights for the canopy.  At Home Depot I purchased 4 one gallon paint buckets, four threaded bolts with screws, and a 60 lb bag of cement mix.  In less than an hour I had four buckets filled with cement with a bolt sticking out the middle, which screws onto the foot of each canopy leg.  Even with the aggressive winds yesterday my canopy stayed grounded, unlike a couple of my unfortunate Market mates.  

I am happy to say that I took 6 loaves of bread (white, wheat and rye) and 8 dozen bagels to the market, and came home with less than a dozen.  The market continues to pick up, and greens are now available at various booths.  

This past weekend I was in a nice location between the worm poo guy (natural fertilizer) and Pendleton's.  I have fond memories of when they had corn mazes at their farm.  And as always, it's good to see a few customers who seek me out at the market for their Saturday morning bagel.

No comments: